TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.320 RECORDKEEPING - TRANSCRIPTS
Section 1175.320 Recordkeeping − Transcripts
a) Each school shall provide an official transcript showing the entire course work of each student. The official transcript shall contain the following information:
1) School name and address;
2) School seal;
3) School license number;
4) Signature of owner, registrar or director of the school;
5) Student's name, address and social security number;
6) Actual dates student attended;
7) Subject areas, hours earned and grades received;
8) Any transfer hours citing the name and address of school transferred from, subject areas, hours earned and grades received;
9) Final examination grades; and
10) Graduation date.
b) The official transcript and school records for each student shall be permanently maintained by the school in the following manner:
1) If maintained on the school premises, they shall be maintained in a locked, fire-resistant cabinet. If official transcripts are maintained on a computer system, history tapes or discs of all official records must be stored in a locked, fire-resistant cabinet or electronically stored in a secure off-site storage system.
2) If records, whether electronic or paper, cannot be maintained on the premises in locked fire-resistant cabinets, duplicate student records, including the official transcripts, shall be maintained at a separate location that shall be made known to the Division. The records shall be accessible to Division officials for inspection.
c) A copy of the transcript shall be given to the student upon graduation or other permanent exit from the school provided the student has met all financial obligations of the student contract as set forth in Section 1175.310.
d) An official transcript and school records for students who withdrew or dropped out of a program shall be maintained by the school for 5 years from the student's first day of attendance at the school.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 21098, effective November 7, 2014)