TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.310 STUDENT CONTRACTS
Section 1175.310 Student Contracts
a) All student contracts between students or prospective students and an approved barber school shall be clearly labeled as a contract and shall include the following information:
1) The name and address of the school;
2) The date the contract is signed;
3) The total cost of the course of instruction, including any charges made by the school for tuition, books, materials, supplies and other expenses;
4) A clear and conspicuous statement that the contract is a legally binding instrument when signed by the student and accepted by the school;
5) A clear and conspicuous statement that, if an approved barber school transfers any student contract or interest in the contract to another party, the student shall have the same rights afforded to him or her by the transferee as by the transferor;
6) The contents of the following notice, in at least 10 point bold type:
"NOTICE TO THE STUDENT
Do not sign this contract before you read it or if it contains any blank spaces.
You are entitled to an exact copy of the contract you sign."; and
7) A clear and concise statement of the school's refund policy.
b) The school shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Retail Installment Sales Act [815 ILCS 405] in its student contracts.
c) No student contract shall contain a wage assignment provision or a confession of judgment clause.
d) Any provision in a student contract that purports to waive the student's right to assert against the school, or any assignee, any claim or defense he/she may have against the school arising under the contract shall be void.
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 9503, effective May 10, 2006)