TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.235 RESTORATION BARBER TEACHER
Section 1175.235 Restoration – Barber Teacher
a) A person applying for restoration of a license as a barber teacher that has been expired for less than 5 years shall file an application, on forms provided by the Division, and the required fee. If restoring after active military service, the applicant shall submit a copy of the applicant's DD-214 and the current renewal fee.
b) A person applying for restoration of a license as a barber teacher that has been expired for 5 years or more shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division, along with:
1) Verification of employment as a barber teacher in another jurisdiction within the 5 years preceding application for restoration;
2) A certification of licensure from the appropriate licensing authority in the jurisdiction of employment;
3) A completed Restoration Questionnaire ;
4) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; or
5) If restoring after active military service, a copy of the applicant's DD-214 form and the current renewal fee.
c) An applicant for restoration under subsection (b) who is unable to comply with one or both of subsections (b)(1) and (2)shall submit official transcripts showing successful completion of a 250 hour barber teacher refresher course or successful completion of the examination set forth in Section 1175.210 within 2 years after applying for restoration of the license. An applicant shall comply with the remaining requirements of subsection (b).
d) If an applicant takes and fails the examination, the license will not be restored until he/she has successfully completed the examination.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 21098, effective November 7, 2014)