TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.230 RESTORATION BARBER
Section 1175.230 Restoration – Barber
a) A person applying for restoration of his/her license as a barber that has been expired for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division and the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100. If restoring after active military service, the applicant shall submit a copy of the applicant's Honorable Discharge form (DD-214) and the current renewal fee.
b) A person applying for restoration of his/her license as a barber that has been expired for 5 years or more shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division along with:
1) Verification of employment as a barber in another jurisdiction within the 5 years preceding application for restoration;
2) Certification of licensure from the licensing authority in the jurisdiction of employment;
3) A completed Restoration Questionnaire;
4) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; or
5) If restoring from active military service, a copy of the applicant's DD-214 and the current renewal fee.
c) An applicant for restoration under subsection (b) who is unable to comply with one or both of subsections (b)(1) and (2)shall submit official transcripts showing successful completion of a 250 hour refresher course from a licensed barber or cosmetology school or successful completion of the examination set forth in Section 1175.210 within 2 years before application for restoration. An applicant shall comply with the remaining requirements of subsection (b).
d) If an applicant takes and fails the examination, the license will not be restored until he/she has successfully completed the examination.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 21098, effective November 7, 2014)