TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.230 RESTORATION BARBER
Section 1175.230 Restoration – Barber
a) A person applying for restoration of his/her license as a barber that has been expired for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division and the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100. If restoring after active military service, the applicant shall submit a copy of the applicant's Honorable Discharge form (DD-214) and the current renewal fee.
b) A person applying for restoration of his/her license as a barber that has been expired for 5 years or more shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division along with:
1) Verification of employment as a barber in another jurisdiction within the 5 years preceding application for restoration;
2) Certification of licensure from the licensing authority in the jurisdiction of employment;
3) A completed Restoration Questionnaire;
4) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; or
5) If restoring from active military service, a copy of the applicant's DD-214 and the current renewal fee.
c) An applicant for restoration who has not maintained a practice in another jurisdiction shall also submit official transcripts showing successful completion of a 250 hour refresher course from a licensed barber or cosmetology school or successful completion of the examination set forth in Section 1175.210 within 2 years before application for restoration.
d) If an applicant takes and fails the examination, the license will not be restored until such time as he/she has successfully completed the examination.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 14983, effective September 9, 2011)