TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.200 EXAMINATION BARBER
Section 1175.200 Examination – Barber
1) Each applicant must meet the requirements in Section 2-2(a), (b) and (c) or 2-3(a), (b), (c) and (d) of the Act prior to filing an application for the Division authorized examination.
2) An applicant's training must be received from a barber school approved by the Division that meets the requirements set forth in Subpart C of this Part.
b) Application. Each applicant shall file an application for examination, on forms provided by the Division, at least 45 days prior to an examination date. The application shall include:
1) An official transcript showing successful completion of the required training outlined in Section 2-2(c) and 2-3(c) and (d) of the Act and a passing grade on the final examination administered by the school as set forth in Section 1175.340;
2) Proof of any name change (i.e., marriage license, divorce decree, affidavit, or court order); and
3) The required examination fee.
c) Individuals who do not obtain a license within 5 years of graduation from barber school will be required to complete a 250 hour refresher course before they may obtain a license.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 1888, effective January 20, 2011)