TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
PART 590 FEEDER SWINE DEALER LICENSING
SECTION 590.90 FEEDER SWINE PURCHASE AND MOVEMENT RESTRICTIONS
Section 590.90 Feeder Swine Purchase and Movement Restrictions
a) A feeder swine dealer may purchase only swine from the following:
1) A farm of origin and cannot move swine to more than one concentration point, or
2) A livestock auction market and transport such swine directly to a farm, or
3) A feeder swine dealer and transport such swine directly to a farm.
4) Swine may move through a second concentration point (licensed feeder swine dealer premises or livestock auction market) provided that such swine are additionally individually identified by inserting a second official ear tag in the right ear. Swine shall not move through more than 2 concentration points.
b) The definition of a "farm of origin" for the purposes of this rule is a premise maintained for one or more of the following purposes:
1) Where feeder swine are farrowed, or
2) Where breeding swine are bred and premises are maintained for breeding purposes.
c) The definition of a "farm" for the purposes of this rule is a premise where feeder swine are fed and premises are maintained for such feeding purposes.
d) When considered in the best interest of the livestock industry, the Director of the Illinois Department of Agriculture may suspend any portion of this rule.