TITLE 59: MENTAL HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
PART 117 FAMILY ASSISTANCE AND HOME-BASED SUPPORT PROGRAMS FOR PERSONS WITH MENTAL DISABILITIES
SECTION 117.200 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Section 117.200 Eligibility criteria
a) The number of eligible adults chosen to participate in this program shall be contingent upon the availability of funds appropriated by the General Assembly for these purposes.
b) To be eligible for the Home-Based Support Services Program an individual must:
1) Reside in Illinois;
2) Be between the ages of 18 and 60, inclusive;
3) Reside in his or her own home or, within two months of being notified that he or she has been chosen to participate in this program, he or she shall reside full-time in his or her own home.
4) Need home-based support services, but not require 24-hour-a-day supervision;
5) Be eligible and must have applied for federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) (42 U.S.C.A. 1381 (1996)) or federal Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) (42 U.S.C.A. 401 (1996)) benefits;
6) Be diagnosed as having one of the following conditions:
A) Severe autism;
B) Severe mental illness;
C) Severe or profound mental retardation; or
D) Severe and multiple impairments.
7) Apply annually.
8) Not receive CILA services in conjunction with this Section. (Community Integrated Living Arrangements Licensure and Certification Act [210 ILCS 135].