TITLE 59: MENTAL HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
PART 115 STANDARDS AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMUNITY-INTEGRATED LIVING ARRANGEMENTS
SECTION 115.540 DEPARTMENT APPROVAL OF HOST FAMILY SERVICES
Section 115.540 Department approval of host family services
a) Any provider agency desiring to provide host family services must meet the following requirements:
1) demonstrate knowledge and experience in the provision of such services;
2) provided shift-staff services under the CILA program for the past two consecutive years;
3) achieved a compliance level of 1 or 2 during the most recent CILA licensure survey process.
b) An interview and record review process may also be used to determine the ability of the agency to provide host family services.
c) The provider agency shall seek and obtain prior Department approval for all host family arrangements before service implementation.
1) During this prior approval process, the provider agency shall submit materials and information regarding, but not limited to, the following issues:
A) number and characteristics of individuals living in and routinely visiting the setting;
B) physical characteristics of the environment;
C) needs of the individuals to be served;
D) proposed service plans;
E) relief; and
F) monitoring of the setting.
2) The provider shall assist the Department as needed in conducting site visits of each proposed host family setting during the prior approval process.
d) The provider agency must report to the Department changes in the host family arrangements that impact the lives of the individuals with developmental disabilities. The provider agency shall seek and obtain Department approval to continue services in the event of such changes in host family arrangements subsequent to service implementation. These changes may include, but are not limited to:
1) movement to a new residential location;
2) changes in the makeup of the household;
3) changes in the working arrangements of the host family; and
4) significant changes in the needs of the individuals with developmental disabilities.
(Source: Added at 27 Ill. Reg. 5376, effective March 17, 2003)