TITLE 56: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
SUBCHAPTER b: REGULATION OF WORKING CONDITIONS
PART 350 HEALTH AND SAFETY
SECTION 350.50 INSPECTION AUTHORITY
Section 350.50 Inspection Authority
a) Inspection officers are authorized to:
1) Enter without delay and at any times when employees are present any establishment, plant, workplace, or site where work is performed by an employee of a public employer covered by this Part;
2) Inspect and investigate any such place of employment during normal working hours, including all conditions, structures, machines, equipment, devices, and materials in that place of employment;
3) Collect and retain any necessary samples, including taking photographs and other means of documenting findings;
4) Interview or confer privately with any employer, owner, operator, supervisor, or employee;
5) Review any records required by this Part and any other records directly related to the purpose of the inspection, such as equipment maintenance records or equipment manufacturers' required or recommended maintenance and warranty specifications; and
6) Leave the premises and initiate the compulsory process for entry if the public employer refuses to allow entry or the inspection to proceed.
b) Officers shall comply with any internal security procedures of the employer regarding handling of any confidential information and records that must be reviewed during the course of an inspection.