TITLE 56: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
SUBCHAPTER b: REGULATION OF WORKING CONDITIONS
PART 320 EQUAL PAY IN EMPLOYMENT
SECTION 320.210 CONTENTS AND TIME LIMIT FOR FILING
Section 320.210 Contents and Time Limit for Filing
a) A complaint shall be in such detail as to substantially apprise the parties of the dates, place and facts with respect to the alleged violation of the Act. Each complaint shall contain the following information:
1) the full name and address of the complainant;
2) the full name and address of each respondent;
3) a statement of the facts alleged to constitute a violation under the Act, including the dates and place of the alleged violation;
4) a statement of each specific harm the complainant has suffered as a consequence of the alleged violation;
5) complainant's signature, including date of signing; and
6) a statement as to any other action, civil or criminal, instituted in any other forum, and as to any pending administrative proceeding based on the same violation as alleged in the complaint, together with a statement as to the status or disposition of the other action.
b) All complaints and amendments shall be filed by U.S. mail or personal delivery with the Department's Chicago office within one year from the date of the underpayment. The complaint shall be deemed filed as of the date of the postmark or as it is date stamped as received by the Department.
c) Any complaint that fails to meet all the requirements set forth in subsection (a) may be accepted if it otherwise contains the information determined to be necessary for a proper investigation and review of the alleged violation contained in the complaint.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 19552, effective December 3, 2010)