TITLE 56: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
SUBCHAPTER b: REGULATION OF WORKING CONDITIONS
PART 250 ILLINOIS CHILD LABOR LAW
SECTION 250.260 EMPLOYMENT OF MINORS AS MODELS
Section 250.260 Employment of Minors as Models
1) Employment certificates must be obtained pursuant to Section 9 through 12 of the Act for all minors who wish to be employed, used, or exhibited as models.
A) Issuing officers shall issue employment certificates to minors enrolled in school.
B) The Regional or City Superintendent of Schools shall issue employment certificates to those minors under school age.
2) If the minor applying for the permit is over ten (10) years of age, the consent of such minor to the employment must be obtained in writing on the certificate.
3) The employment certificate for a child model shall terminate one year after the date of issuance. A minor and/or his parents or guardians may reapply following the procedures outlined in Section 9 through 12 of the Act.
4) No minor employed as a child model shall be excused from attending school except as authorized pursuant to Section 26-1 of the School Code.
5) A copy of the employment certificate for the child model shall accompany the minor at each work location where the minor is employed, used or exhibited as a model.
b) Employment conditions
1) Every minor under fourteen years of age employed, used or exhibited as a model shall be accompanied by the parent or guardian of such minor or by an adult designated in writing by such parent or guardian. However, for a minor under the age of ten (10) years so employed, the employer may not be so designated by the parent or guardian, unless the employer is in fact the parent.
2) No minor shall be employed, used or exhibited as a model during the hours school is in session according to the School Code.
A) Minors under eight (8) years of age (0-7).
No minors under eight (8) years of age shall be employed, used or exhibited as a model for more than two (2) hours in any one day, nor more than ten (10) hours in any one week.
B) Minors eight (8) - thirteen (13) years of age, inclusive.
No minor eight (8) - thirteen (13) years of age, shall be employed, used or exhibited as a model for:
i) more than three (3) hours in any one day in which school is in session; or
ii) more than four (4) hours in any one day in which school is not in session; but
iii) not more than eighteen (18) hours a week in which school is in session for three (3) or more days; or
iv) not more than twenty (20) hours during any week in which school is not in session for at least three (3) days.
C) Minors fourteen (14) - fifteen (15) years of age, inclusive.
The terms and conditions of employment for minors fourteen (14) and fifteen (15) years of age shall remain in accordance and consistent with the provision established in Section 3 of the Act.
c) Child Labor Law Controlling
All other provisions heretofore unmentioned, as found in Sections 1-22 of the Act shall control and may be used in prosecution of any employer of minors under sixteen years of age employed, used or exhibited as models.