TITLE 50: INSURANCE
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE
SUBCHAPTER ww: HEALTH CARE SERVICE PLANS
PART 4530 HEALTH CARRIER EXTERNAL REVIEW
SECTION 4530.20 APPLICABILITY AND SCOPE
Section 4530.20 Applicability and Scope
a) Except as provided in subsection (b), the requirements of this Part are applicable to all health carriers.
b) The provisions of this Part shall not apply to:
1) A policy or certificate that provides coverage only for a specified disease, specified accident or accident-only coverage, credit, dental, disability income, hospital indemnity, long-term care insurance as defined by Article XIXA of the Illinois Insurance Code, vision care, or any other limited supplemental benefit;
2) A Medicare supplement policy of insurance as defined by the Director in 50 Ill. Adm. Code 2008.40;
3) Coverage under a plan through Medicare, Medicaid, or the federal employees health benefits program;
4) Any coverage issued under 10 USC 55 and any coverage issued as supplement to that coverage;
5) Any coverage issued as supplemental to liability insurance, workers' compensation, or similar insurance; or
6) Automobile medical-payment insurance or any insurance under which benefits are payable with or without regard to fault, whether written on a group blanket or individual basis.