TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE D: PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CENTRAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES
PART 5010 MARKING, INVENTORY, TRANSFER AND DISPOSAL OF STATE-OWNED PERSONAL PROPERTY
SECTION 5010.1160 REQUEST FOR DISPOSAL OF INOPERABLE VEHICLES
Section 5010.1160 Request for Disposal of Inoperable Vehicles
a) Agencies wishing to dispose of inoperable vehicles shall contact the Division of Vehicles and request that the vehicles be disposed of.
b) An agency's request for disposal shall include:
1) Make of vehicle,
3) VIN number (Vehicle Identification Number),
4) State property identification number,
5) location vehicle is stored at,
6) name of person at storage location to contact for inspection of vehicles, and
7) completed Vehicle Acquisition and Change Report form.
c) Once an agency requests that an inoperable vehicle be disposed of, the agency shall not utilize the vehicle for parts, transportation or in any other manner.
d) The Property Control Division shall be responsible for the on-site disposal of vehicles.
1) On receipt of a request to dispose of an inoperable vehicle(s), Property Control Division shall:
A) Remove the vehicle to be held for sale, or
B) conduct an "on-site" sale of the vehicle.
2) This determination shall be based on the expense of removing the vehicle and other practical considerations.
e) All vehicles will remain the responsibility of the holding agency until sold.
(Source: Amended at 16 Ill. Reg. 17595, effective November 9, 1992)