TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE D: PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CENTRAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES
PART 5010 MARKING, INVENTORY, TRANSFER AND DISPOSAL OF STATE-OWNED PERSONAL PROPERTY
SECTION 5010.690 TRADE-IN PROCEDURE
Section 5010.690 Trade-In Procedure
a) All agencies wishing to trade-in transferable equipment must notify Property Control Division of their intentions in writing.
b) The written notification must contain:
1) A full description of the equipment to be traded in, including the date purchased, the inventory number, and serial number, if applicable;
2) a full description of the new equipment the agency is seeking to obtain;
3) the name of the person or business accepting the trade-in;
4) the cost of the new item; and
5) the value allowed on the trade-in.
c) Property Control Division shall then approve or disapprove the request. Approval will be granted when the requested trade in is economically advantageous to the State.
d) If the trade-in is approved, the agency making the trade-in shall submit a completed Property Change Report Form to the Property Control Division, noting a transaction code 34.
e) To allow for year end processing, an extra 30 day time period for reporting trade-in transactions shall be granted by the Property Control Division.