TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE C: GOVERNMENTAL RECORDS
CHAPTER I: LOCAL RECORDS COMMISSION
PART 4000 LOCAL RECORDS COMMISSION
SECTION 4000.20 DEFINITIONS
Section 4000.20 Definitions
a) "Public record" means any book, paper, map, photograph or other official documentary material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made, produced, executed or received by any agency or officer pursuant to law or in connection with the transaction of public business and preserved or appropriate for preservation by such agency or officer, or any successor thereof, as evidence of the organization, function, policies, decisions, procedures, or other activities thereof, or because of the informational data contained therein. The preceding definition includes among other things, microfilm, magnetic tapes and punch cards.
b) Types of "nonrecord" materials are:
1) Material not filed as evidence of administrative activity or for the informational content thereof.
2) Library and museum material made or acquired and preserved solely for reference or exhibition purposes.
3) Extra copies of documents preserved solely for convenience of reference.
4) Stocks of publications and of processed documents kept for supply purposes only.
5) Perforated, magnetized and photographically coded cards and tapes, provided that documents containing the same information have been filed in the same office and such cards and tapes were not prepared as evidence of administrative decisions or transactions subject to audit.
(Source: Amended at 9 Ill. Reg. 17796, effective November 5, 1985)