TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE B: SUPPLEMENTAL PROCUREMENT RULES
CHAPTER XXXIII: OFFICE OF THE LT. GOVERNOR
PART 1600 OFFICE OF THE LT. GOVERNOR'S PROCUREMENT RULES
SECTION 1600.2560 PREVAILING WAGE
Section 1600.2560 Prevailing Wage
a) For the following classifications and if competition exists, no bidder will be awarded a contract unless its employees are paid wages and benefits and are working under conditions prevalent in the location where the work is to be performed.
1) Public works
3) Janitorial services, window washing and security guard services having a monthly contract price of at least $200 or a yearly price of at least $2,000.
b) Prevailing wage and conditions prevalent means the hourly wage rate, overtime, holiday pay, pension, welfare, premium differential, vacation pay and other benefits received by employees and the environmental conditions under which they work.
c) Prevailing Wage Rates
1) Prevailing wage rates, benefits and conditions will be those in effect on the first date of the contract, provided that, if the rate changes during the contract term and the amount of change is known before execution of the contract, then the contract rate will vary in like amount.
2) If the change in the collective bargaining agreement cannot be determined in advance, the contract will be changed by the amount of the change in wage rate and all components of price that are dependent on the usage rate, such as payroll taxes, worker's compensation insurance, vacation, sick days, and pension, provided that profit shall not increase due to prevailing wage increases. The OLG shall have the option to cancel the contract if the new price is unacceptable.
3) If the initial prevailing wage, etc., cannot be determined prior to execution, contracts may be entered into and will remain valid for the stated term.
d) If a collective bargaining agreement is in effect governing the type of printing, janitorial, window washing or security guard service sought, that agreement will define minimum wages, benefits and conditions that must be paid in order for a bidder to be considered responsible.
e) For public works, location means the county where the physical work upon public works is performed, except that if there is not available in the county a sufficient number of competent skilled laborers, workers and mechanics to construct the public works efficiently and properly, "locality" includes any other county nearest the one in which the work or construction is to be performed and from which such persons may be obtained in sufficient numbers to perform the work.
f) For printing contracts, location means one of the following areas:
A) Cook County;
B) Boone, Bureau, Carroll, Champaign, DeKalb, DeWitt, DuPage, Ford, Fulton, Grundy, Hancock, Henderson, Henry, Iroquois, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Knox, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, Livingston, Logan, Marshall, Mason, McDonough, McHenry, McLean, Mercer, Ogle, Peoria, Piatt, Putnam, Rock Island, Schuyler, Stark, Stephenson, Tazewell, Vermilion, Warren, Whiteside, Will, Winnebago, and Woodford counties;
C) Adams, Alexander, Bond, Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Christian, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, Edwards, Effingham, Fayette, Franklin, Gallatin, Greene, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jersey, Johnson, Lawrence, Macon, Macoupin, Madison, Marion, Massac, Menard, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Moultrie, Perry, Pike, Pope, Pulaski, Randolph, Richland, Saline, Sangamon, Scott, Shelby, St. Clair, Union, Wabash, Washington, Wayne, White, and Williamson counties.
2) Where the printing is performed in a plant outside the jurisdiction of this State, it shall be deemed produced in the Illinois locality in which delivery of the printing ordered is required to be made. Where such printing is required to be delivered to more than one Illinois locality, such printing shall be deemed produced in the Illinois locality to which the largest dollar volume of printing under the contract is to be delivered.
g) For janitorial services, window washing and security guard services, location means the county in which the work is to be performed.
h) Prevailing wages, benefits and conditions will be determined by the Illinois Department of Labor.