TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE B: SUPPLEMENTAL PROCUREMENT RULES
CHAPTER XIV: COMPTROLLER
PART 1130 PURCHASING CARD PROGRAM
SECTION 1130.30 CONTRACT EVALUATION AND AWARD
Section 1130.30 Contract Evaluation and Award
a) CMS shall solicit purchasing card vendors to provide for purchasing cards for use as authorized by this Part.
b) CMS and the Comptroller shall jointly evaluate and make recommendations in regard to proposals submitted by purchasing card vendors in response to CMS' solicitation under this Section. CMS' and the Comptroller's joint considerations shall include but not be limited to:
1) the purchasing card vendor's ability to provide both detailed transaction data as may be needed for State accounting purposes and overall purchase card program information as may be required by State agencies;
2) the purchasing card vendor's ability to electronically interface detailed transaction data with the participating agencies' accounting and billing systems;
3) the availability of discounts and rebates that the purchasing card vendor will provide the State;
4) the cost to the State for the products and services provided by the purchasing card vendor;
5) the impact of the purchasing card program on existing procurement practices and systems;
6) the payment terms and late payment penalties the purchasing card vendor will require;
7) the purchasing card vendor's ability to provide card limits and restrictions as may be required by participating agencies;
8) the purchasing card vendor's proposed program for liability of unauthorized card use;
9) the purchasing card vendor's proposed agency enrollment, implementation and account maintenance processes; and
10) the location and number of suppliers that accept the purchasing card.
c) As recommended by CMS and the Comptroller as a result of their joint evaluation process, CMS shall award contracts to purchasing card vendors to provide for purchasing cards for use as authorized by this Part.