TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE B: SUPPLEMENTAL PROCUREMENT RULES
CHAPTER XIV: COMPTROLLER
PART 1120 OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER STANDARD PROCUREMENT
SECTION 1120.7015 INSPECTIONS
Section 1120.7015 Inspections
a) Inspection of Plant or Site
The IOC may enter a contractor's or subcontractor's plant or place of business to:
1) inspect supplies or services for acceptance by the State pursuant to the terms of a contract;
2) audit the books and records of any contractor or subcontractor pursuant to Section 1120.7020;
3) investigate an action to debar or suspend a person from consideration for award of contracts pursuant to the Code;
4) determine whether the standards of responsibility have been met or are capable of being met;
5) determine if the contract is being performed in accordance with its terms; and
6) accomplish any other purpose permitted by law.
b) Inspection and Testing of Supplies and Services
1) Solicitation and Contractual Provisions. State contracts may provide that the IOC may inspect supplies and services at the contractor's or subcontractor's facility and perform tests to determine whether they conform to solicitation requirements, or, after award, to contract requirements, and are therefore acceptable. Inspections and tests shall be conducted in accordance with the terms of the solicitation and contract.
2) Procedures for Trial Use and Testing. The CPO may establish operational procedures governing the testing and trial use of equipment, material and other supplies, and the application of resulting information and data to specifications or procurements.
c) Conduct of Inspections
1) Inspectors. Inspections or tests shall be performed so as not to unduly delay the work of the contractor or subcontractor. No inspector may change any provision of the specifications or the contract without the written authorization of the CPO. The presence or absence of an inspector shall not relieve the contractor or subcontractor from any requirements of the contract.
2) Location. When an inspection is made in the plant or place of business of a contractor or subcontractor, the contractor or subcontractor shall provide without charge all reasonable facilities and assistance for the safety and convenience of the person performing the inspection or testing.
3) Time. Inspection or testing of supplies and services performed at the plant or place of business of any contractor or subcontractor shall be performed at reasonable times.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 3075, effective March 1, 2013)