TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE B: SUPPLEMENTAL PROCUREMENT RULES
CHAPTER XIV: COMPTROLLER
PART 1120 OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER STANDARD PROCUREMENT
SECTION 1120.2043 SUPPLIERS
Section 1120.2043 Suppliers
a) An agency with procurement authority may contract with any qualified source of supply, but must give preference to directed sources and should consider the special sources outlined in this Section.
b) Directed Sources − State-Produced Supplies or Services
1) Correctional Industries. The CPO, after consulting with the Department of Corrections, shall determine the type and extent of the preference given to supplies produced or services performed by Correctional Industries.
2) Central Services. Supplies and services available from the program operations of DCMS shall be utilized unless the CPO authorizes procurement from other sources.
c) Special Sources
1) Prior to any equipment procurement, the IOC will consider property available from the State and Federal Surplus Warehouses under the jurisdiction of DCMS.
2) Various goods and services are available from qualified workshops for the disabled and procurement from these workshops is encouraged. Notice and competition is not required pursuant to Section 45-35 of the Code. Information regarding the workshops will be obtained from DCMS.
3) Various goods and services are available from State agencies and other governmental units. These may be procured without notice and competition.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 3075, effective March 1, 2013)