TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SUBTITLE B: SUPPLEMENTAL PROCUREMENT RULES
CHAPTER XII: CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD
PART 1030 SELECTION OF DESIGN-BUILD ENTITIES
SECTION 1030.140 REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Section 1030.140 Request for Proposal
a) CDB shall provide a copy of the request for proposal to any party requesting a copy.
b) An RFP shall be prepared by CDB for each project and will contain the following information:
1) The Capital Development Board as the issuing agency;
2) A preliminary schedule for the completion of the contract;
3) The proposed budget for the project, the source of funds, and the currently available funds at the time the RFP is submitted;
4) Prequalification criteria for DB entities wishing to submit proposals. The criteria shall include CDB's normal prequalification, licensing, registration, and other requirements and any additional criteria deemed necessary by CDB;
5) Material requirements of the contract, including the proposed terms and conditions, required performance and payment bonds, insurance, the entity's plan to comply with the utilization goals for business enterprises established in the Business Enterprise for Minorities, Females, and Persons with Disabilities Act and with Section 2-105 of the Illinois Human Rights Act, and any other requirements deemed important by CDB;
6) The scope and performance criteria:
A) Shall be in sufficient detail and contain adequate information to reasonably apprise the qualified DB entities of CDB's overall programmatic needs and goals, including criteria and preliminary design plans, general budget parameters, schedule, and delivery requirements;
B) Shall also include a description of the level of design to be provided in the proposals, including the scope and type of renderings, drawings, and specifications that will be required by CDB to be produced by the DB entities;
7) The evaluation criteria for each phase of the solicitation, including relative importance or weighting factor of each item (see Sections 1030.170, Phase 1 Evaluation, and 1030.190, Phase 2 Evaluation);
8) The number of entities (no fewer than 2 and no more than 6) that will be considered for the technical and cost evaluation phase (Phase 2);
9) The submittal schedule:
A) For projects estimated to cost less than $10 million, at least 21 days shall be allowed to prepare and submit Phase 1 proposals after the date of the issuance of the RFP.
B) For projects estimated to cost more than $10 million, at least 28 days shall be allowed to prepare and submit Phase 1 proposals after the date of the issuance of the RFP.
C) For all projects, at least 30 days shall be allowed to prepare and submit Phase 2 proposals after the selection of entities from the Phase 1 evaluation is completed;
10) Any other relevant information that CDB chooses to supply.
c) The DB entity shall be entitled to rely upon the accuracy of information included in the request for proposal in the development of its proposal.