TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE B: SUPPLEMENTAL PROCUREMENT RULES
CHAPTER XII: CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD
PART 1025 SELECTION OF CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS
SECTION 1025.140 EVALUATION PROCEDURES
Section 1025.140 Evaluation Procedures
a) In making its recommendations, the selection committee may consider, among other items:
1) The CM's qualifications.
2) The training and experience of the personnel submitted by the CM.
3) The CM's past record and experience.
4) The prior performance of the CM on CDB projects, determined by review of the CM Performance Evaluations on previous CM projects, Performance Evaluations of the CM firm on projects in which it participated as an A/E or contractor, and any other related material.
A) CDB shall evaluate the performance of each firm upon completion of a contract. Evaluations shall be made available to the firm and the firm may submit a written response, with the evaluation and response retained solely by CDB. The evaluation and response shall not be made available to any other person or firm and is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act [5 ILCS 140]. The evaluation shall be based on the terms identified in the construction manager's contract. [30 ILCS 500/33-45]
B) In addition to subsection (a)(4)(A), CDB reserves the right to evaluate a firm during a project when performance issues warrant that action.
5) The willingness of the firm to meet time requirements.
6) The location of the project relative to the firm's place of business.
7) The results of preliminary evaluations performed by CDB staff.
8) The current work load of the CMs and their prior selections by CDB.
10) Interviews conducted with the CMs.
b) Before beginning review of the CM's statements of qualifications, the committee shall prepare a table of the factors the CMs will be rated on and the weight to be assigned to each factor. The table of factors, and the scores of each reviewed submittal, will be kept on file for no less than two years from the date of the selection.
c) In no case shall the committee, prior to selecting a CM for negotiation, seek formal or informal submission of verbal or written estimates of costs or proposals in terms of dollars, hours required, percentage of construction cost, or any other measure of compensation.