TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE B: SUPPLEMENTAL PROCUREMENT RULES
CHAPTER X: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RIGHTS
PART 750 PROCEDURES APPLICABLE TO ALL AGENCIES
SECTION 750.APPENDIX A EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY CLAUSE
Section 750.APPENDIX A Equal Employment Opportunity Clause
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In the event of the contractor's non-compliance with the provisions of this Equal Employment Opportunity Clause or the Act, the contractor may be declared ineligible for future contracts or subcontracts with the State of Illinois or any of its political subdivisions or municipal corporations, and the contract may be cancelled or voided in whole or in part, and other sanctions or penalties may be imposed or remedies invoked as provided by statute or regulation. During the performance of this contract, the contractor agrees as follows:
1) That he or she will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service; and, further, that he or she will examine all job classifications to determine if minority persons or women are underutilized and will take appropriate affirmative action to rectify any underutilization.
2) That, if he or she hires additional employees in order to perform this contract or any portion of this contract, he or she will determine the availability (in accordance with this Part) of minorities and women in the areas from which he or she may reasonably recruit and he or she will hire for each job classification for which employees are hired in a way that minorities and women are not underutilized.
3) That, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by him or her or on his or her behalf, he or she will state that all applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
4) That he or she will send to each labor organization or representative of workers with which he or she has or is bound by a collective bargaining or other agreement or understanding, a notice advising the labor organization or representative of the contractor's obligations under the Act and this Part. If any labor organization or representative fails or refuses to cooperate with the contractor in his or her efforts to comply with the Act and this Part, the contractor will promptly notify the Department and the contracting agency and will recruit employees from other sources when necessary to fulfill its obligations under the contract.
5) That he or she will submit reports as required by this Part, furnish all relevant information as may from time to time be requested by the Department or the contracting agency, and in all respects comply with the Act and this Part.
6) That he or she will permit access to all relevant books, records, accounts and work sites by personnel of the contracting agency and the Department for purposes of investigation to ascertain compliance with the Act and the Department's Rules and Regulations.
7) That he or she will include verbatim or by reference the provisions of this clause in every subcontract awarded under which any portion of the contract obligations are undertaken or assumed, so that the provisions will be binding upon the subcontractor. In the same manner as with other provisions of this contract, the contractor will be liable for compliance with applicable provisions of this clause by subcontractors; and further it will promptly notify the contracting agency and the Department in the event any subcontractor fails or refuses to comply with the provisions. In addition, the contractor will not utilize any subcontractor declared by the Illinois Human Rights Commission to be ineligible for contracts or subcontracts with the State of Illinois or any of its political subdivisions or municipal corporations.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 3695, effective February 18, 2011)