TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE A: PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT PROVISIONS
CHAPTER I: CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER FOR GENERAL SERVICES
PART 1 CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER FOR GENERAL SERVICES STANDARD PROCUREMENT
SECTION 1.5037 VENDOR REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION AND PROHIBITION ON POLITICAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Section 1.5037 Vendor Registration, Certification and Prohibition on Political Contributions
Illinois statute (10 ILCS 5/9-35 and 30 ILCS 500/20-160 and 50-37) restricts political contributions by vendors and affiliated entities; requires registration with the State Board of Elections (SBEL); requires a copy of the registration certificate stamped by SBEL (Registration Certificate) to be submitted with bids/proposals and contracts; and requires solicitation and contract certifications relative to the requirements of the statutes. This Section supplements requirements found in statutes and does not excuse compliance with any of those requirements.
b) General Registration Requirements
1) These requirements apply to contracts, bids and proposals that are subject to the Code:
A) Bids/proposals referenced in this Section are those submitted in response to a competitive solicitation that is posted to the Bulletin on or after January 1, 2009, regardless of the value assigned to the procurement.
B) Bids and proposals include pending bids and proposals.
C) These requirements generally apply to a vendor whose existing State contracts have an aggregate value in excess of $50,000, or whose aggregate value of bids/proposals for State contracts exceeds $50,000, or whose aggregate value of State contracts and bids/proposals exceeds $50,000.
D) This value is calculated on a calendar-year basis.
2) On a calendar-year basis, each vendor or potential vendor must keep track of the value of contracts and bids/proposals. Vendors must register with SBEL when the vendor determines that the value of the contracts and bids/proposals meets the threshold for registration.
3) An "executive employee" means:
A) the President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and/or other individuals who fulfill equivalent duties as the President, Chairman of the Board, or Chief Executive Officer; and/or
B) any employee whose compensation is determined directly, in whole or in part, by the award or payment of contracts by a State agency to the entity employing the employee, irrespective of the employee's title or status in the business entity. For the purposes of this subsection (b)(3)(B), compensation determined directly by award or payment of contracts means a payment over and above regular salary that would not be made if it were not for the award of the contract.
c) Bids and Proposals
1) A copy of the Registration Certificate must be submitted with bids/proposals. The CPO-GS may establish a prequalification procedure allowing advance submission of the SBEL certificate. A vendor who complies with the prequalification procedure shall be deemed to have submitted the SBEL certification with the bid or proposal.
2) If the Registration Certificate is not timely submitted, the procuring agency shall reject the bid/proposal.
3) The procuring agency shall not reject a bid/proposal if absence of the Registration Certificate is the result of delay or error by the State, but shall require the Registration Certificate before making an award.
A copy of the Registration Certificate must be in the procurement file as set forth in this subsection (d), unless the vendor certifies it is not required to register.
1) For contract renewals and extensions, if the value of the renewal or extension by itself, or in combination with the contract being renewed/extended and other contracts and bids/proposals exceeds $50,000, the vendor must provide the Registration Certificate and make the appropriate contract certification, if it has not already done so. The Registration Certificate may be provided by reference to and incorporation of the vendor's prequalification by the CPO-GS.
2) For indefinite quantity/estimated value contracts, a vendor who is otherwise not required to register shall register with SBEL when the value of orders placed pursuant to an indefinite/estimated value contract plus all other contracts and bids/proposals exceeds $50,000.
3) For contract amendments, if the value of the amendment, by itself or in combination with the contract being renewed plus other contracts and bids/proposals exceeds $50,000, the vendor must provide the Registration Certificate and make the appropriate contract certification, if it has not already done so.
4) Any contracts mistakenly executed in violation of this Section must be amended to include the contract certifications, and the vendor must supply the Registration Certificate. If any violation by the vendor is not cured within 5 business days after receipt of notification of the violation, the contract is voidable by the State without penalty.
5) Contract certification required by Section 20-160 of the Code shall be included in or added to each contract that must be filed with the State Comptroller pursuant to Section 20-80 of the Code and those written two-party contracts that need not be filed with the Comptroller. Agencies may require written confirmation of the rule-imposed certification at any time.
e) Voidable contracts
Every solicitation issued and contract executed by the State on or after January 2, 2009, shall contain a statement that the contract is voidable under Section 50-60 if the bidder, offeror or contractor fails to comply with Section 20-160 of the Code.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 10729, effective August 6, 2012)