TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 174 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANKS AND THE STORAGE, TRANSPORTATION, SALE AND USE OF PETROLEUM AND OTHER REGULATED SUBSTANCES
SECTION 174.450 REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMIT TO FUEL MOTOR VEHICLES FROM TANK VEHICLES
Section 174.450 Requirements for Permit to Fuel Motor Vehicles from Tank Vehicles
a) The person, company or other entity proposing to deposit fuel into tanks of motor vehicles from tank vehicles must first have a permit from OSFM. The application may be found at www.state.il.us/osfm/FirePrevention/PDFS/
AppMobileFuelingContractor_1.pdf. A permit will be granted under the following circumstances.
1) The person must apply for a permit by providing the following information:
A) The name of business, proof of good standing if a corporation, proof of compliance with the Assumed Name Act if applicable, and the principal address of the business.
B) Proof that the vehicles used for fueling are in compliance with Section 174.440.
C) Evidence that employees have knowledge of the requirements contained in Section 174.440.
2) An annual fee of $500 shall be charged each person engaging in fueling from tank vehicles for the period from January 1 through December 31 of each calendar year.
3) Each vehicle used for fueling must comply with Section 174.440 and:
A) OSFM approval shall consist of a decal or other evidence issued by OSFM attached to the vehicle. The application can be found at www.state.il.us/osfm/FirePrevention/PDFS/
AppMobileFuelingVehicle.pdf. Tank vehicles shall be subject to periodic inspections.
B) Vehicles without a permit shall not be allowed to engage in tank vehicle fueling.
C) A replacement or added vehicle shall not engage in fueling until an inspection is made to determine compliance and evidence of compliance is issued.
D) An annual fee of $100 shall be charged for each vehicle engaged in the fueling. Replacement vehicles shall be charged at the same rate. The evidence of compliance shall be for January 1 through December 31.
b) Each location (site) where fueling from tank vehicles is conducted shall be inspected by OSFM. No fueling from tank vehicles shall take place until the location for the fueling is approved by OSFM.
1) The owner/lessee or other person who has vehicles to be fueled by tank vehicle shall pay OSFM an annual fee for each location where the fueling will take place. Fees shall be as follows:
2) The locations shall be approved if they meet the requirements of Section 174.440.
3) The location must be approved annually.