TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 174 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANKS AND THE STORAGE, TRANSPORTATION, SALE AND USE OF PETROLEUM AND OTHER REGULATED SUBSTANCES
SECTION 174.440 DISPENSING OR DELIVERY OF FLAMMABLE OR COMBUSTIBLE MOTOR FUELS FROM TANK VEHICLES
Section 174.440 Dispensing or Delivery of Flammable or Combustible Motor Fuels from Tank Vehicles
Dispensing or delivery of flammable or combustible motor vehicle fuels from tank vehicles is allowed at sites used for the parking, operation or maintenance of a commercial vehicle fleet under the following conditions:
a) The site is located in a county with 3,000,000 or more inhabitants or a county contiguous to a county with 3,000,000 or more inhabitants and:
1) The site is not normally accessible to the public and has been approved by OSFM.
2) The vehicles being fueled are part of a fleet of commercial vehicles that are normally parked, operated or maintained at the fueling site.
3) An inspection of the fueling site has been made and approval granted in the form of a permit issued by OSFM. An inspection of the facility may be made at any time. The permit application may be found at www.state.il/OSFM/FirePrevention/PDFS/AppMobileFuelingSite.pdf.
4) Electrical devices and wiring in areas where fuel is dispensed are in accordance with the edition of NFPA 70 in effect at the time the mobile fueling site was constructed.
5) Dispensing locations are at least 50 feet from structures or combustible storage, including structures or storage on adjacent properties.
6) Signs are posted prohibiting smoking or open flames within 25 feet of the fuel tanker and the point of fueling.
b) The tank vehicle is owned and operated by a company licensed by OSFM to perform mobile fueling.
c) The tank vehicle complies with the requirements of NFPA 385, incorporated by reference in Section 174.210 and has been approved by OSFM.
d) The tank vehicle displays a mobile-fueling sticker issued by OSFM.
e) The dispensing hose does not exceed 50 feet in length.
f) The dispensing nozzle is a listed automatic-closing type with a latch-open device.
g) Nighttime deliveries are only be made in adequately lighted areas.
h) The tank vehicle's flasher lights are in operation while dispensing.
i) Fuel expansion space is left in each fuel tank to prevent overflow in the event of temperature increase.