TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 141 POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL FOR FIRE PROTECTION PERSONNEL
SECTION 141.375 WATERCRAFT TECHNICIAN
Section 141.375 Watercraft Technician
Watercraft Technician is designed to give fire service personnel the basic knowledge and skills to safely perform water rescues as defined by NFPA 1006 and 1670.
1) Certification in Water Operations (see Section 141.372) and certification from an approved Illinois Department of Natural Resources or US Coast Guard on-line Boat Safety Course.
2) Prerequisite for taking the Watercraft Technician course is successful completion of the Water Operations course (see Section 141.372) and completion of an approved Illinois Department of Natural Resources or US Coast Guard on-line Boat Safety Course.
3) Passage of the State written examination (see Section 141.200).
4) Passage of the State practical skills examinations (see Sections 141.200 and 141.300(g)).
5) Engagement in firefighting in an organized Illinois fire department as a fire protection person according to the Act, as attested to by the employing Fire Chief of the individual seeking certification.
b) Reimbursement may be received for training costs for the Watercraft Technician course. (See Subpart E.)
c) Special Instructor Requirements
1) Instructor of Record shall be certified as a Fire Service Instructor II (see Section 141.320) and Watercraft Technician.
2) There shall be a minimum of two instructors per course, one of whom is an Instructor of Record. There shall be at least one instructor for each six students.
3) All other instructors on site shall, at a minimum, hold certification as a Fire Service Instructor I (see Section 141.318) and hold certification as a Watercraft Technician.
d) The course and facility must be approved by the Office as provided in Sections 141.110 and 141.115.
e) Credit for equivalent courses may be available in accordance with Section 141.120.
(Source: Added at 33 Ill. Reg. 5780, effective April 2, 2009)