TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 141 POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL FOR FIRE PROTECTION PERSONNEL
SECTION 141.371 ROPE TECHNICIAN
Section 141.371 Rope Technician
The Rope Technician certification is designed to give fire service personnel the basic knowledge and skills to safely perform rope rescues as defined by NFPA 1670 and 1006.
1) Successful completion of the Rope Technician course. Prerequisite for taking the Rope Technician course is successful completion of the High Angle Rope Operations course (see Section 141.369) or Rescue Specialist-Vertical II (see Section 141.358).
2) Successful completion of a minimum of 40 instructional hours.
3) Passage of the State written examination (see Section 141.200).
4) Passage of the State practical skills examinations (see Sections 141.200 and 141.300(i)).
5) Engagement in fire fighting in an organized Illinois fire department as a fire protection person according to the Act, as attested to by the employing Fire Chief of the individual seeking certification.
b) Fire department or individual reimbursement may be received for training costs for Rope Technician (see Subpart E).
c) Special Instructor Requirements
1) Instructor of Record shall be certified as a Fire Service Instructor II (see Section 141.320) and Rope Technician.
2) There shall be a minimum of 2 instructors per course, one of whom is an Instructor of Record. There shall be at least one instructor for each 6 students.
3) All other instructors on site shall be a minimum of a Fire Service Instructor I (see Section 141.318) and certified as a Rope Technician.
d) The course and facility must be approved by OSFM as provided in Sections 141.110 and 141.115.
e) Credit for equivalent courses may be available in accordance with Section 141.120.
(Source: Added at 34 Ill. Reg. 8297, effective June 8, 2010)