TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 141 POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL FOR FIRE PROTECTION PERSONNEL
SECTION 141.370 FIRE SERVICE VEHICLE OPERATOR
Section 141.370 Fire Service Vehicle Operator
Fire Service Vehicle Operator is designed to give fire service personnel the basic knowledge and skills to safely perform fire service vehicle operations as defined by NFPA 1451.
1) Certification as Firefighter II (see Section 141.300) for full certification. If individual is not certified as a Firefighter II, a provisional certification will be awarded until Firefighter II certification is achieved.
2) Successful completion of Fire Service Vehicle Operator course.
3) Successful completion of a minimum of 12 instructional hours.
4) Passage of the State written examination (see Sections 141.200).
5) Passage of the State practical skills examinations (see Sections 141.200 and 141.300(i)).
6) Completion of an additional 8 hours of documented driving of the vehicles in use by the employing authority having jurisdiction.
7) Engagement in firefighting in an organized Illinois fire department as a fire protection person according to the Act, as attested to by the employing Fire Chief of the individual seeking certification.
b) Fire department or individual reimbursement may be received for training costs for Fire Service Vehicle Operator (see Subpart E).
c) Special Instructor Requirements
1) Instructor of Record shall be certified as a Fire Service Instructor I (see Section 141.318) and Fire Service Vehicle Operator.
2) There shall be a minimum of 2 instructors per course, one of whom is an Instructor of Record.
3) All other instructors on site shall be a minimum of a Fire Service Vehicle Operator.
d) The course and facility must be approved by OSFM as provided in Sections 141.110 and 141.115.
e) Credit for equivalent courses may be available in accordance with Section 141.120.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 8297, effective June 8, 2010)