TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 141 POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL FOR FIRE PROTECTION PERSONNEL
SECTION 141.364 VEHICLE AND MACHINERY OPERATIONS
Section 141.364 Vehicle and Machinery Operations
The Vehicle and Machinery Operations certification is designed to give fire service personnel the basic knowledge and skills to safely perform vehicle and machinery rescues as defined by NFPA 1670.
1) Certification in Technical Rescue Awareness (see Section 141.350).
2) Successful completion of the Vehicle and Machinery Operations course. Prerequisite for taking the Vehicle and Machinery Operations course is successful completion of the Technical Rescue Awareness (see Section 141.350).
3) Passage of the State written examination (see Section 141.200).
4) Passage of the State practical skills examinations (see Sections 141.200 and 141.300(g)).
5) Engagement in fire fighting in an organized Illinois fire department as a fire protection person according to the Act, as attested to by the employing Fire Chief of the individual seeking certification.
b) Reimbursement may be received for training costs for Vehicle and Machinery Operations (see Subpart E).
c) Special Instructor Requirements
1) Instructor of Record shall be certified as a Fire Service Instructor II (see Section 141.320) and Vehicle and Machinery Operations.
2) There shall be a minimum of two instructors per course, one of whom is an Instructor of Record. There shall be at least one instructor for each eight students.
3) All other instructors on site shall be a minimum of a Fire Service Instructor I (see Section 141.318) and certified in Vehicle and Machinery Operations.
d) The course and facility must be approved by the Office as provided in Sections 141.110 and 141.115.
e) Credit for equivalent courses may be available in accordance with Section 141.120.