TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 141 POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL FOR FIRE PROTECTION PERSONNEL
SECTION 141.352 RESCUE SPECIALIST CONFINED SPACE
Section 141.352 Rescue Specialist – Confined Space
Rescue Specialist – Confined Space is designed to give fire service personnel the basic knowledge and skills to safely perform confined space rescue as defined by the Illinois Department of Labor (56 Ill. Adm. Code 350.280) and OSHA (29 CFR 1910.146).
1) Certification as a Rescue Specialist – Vertical I or Rope Operations (see Section 141.367).
2) Successful completion of the Confined Space course. Prerequisite for taking the course is successful completion of Confined Space/Trench Awareness or Technical Rescue Awareness course and Vertical I course.
3) Passage of the State written examination (see Section 141.200).
4) Passage of the State practical skills examinations (see Sections 141.200 and 141.300(g)).
5) Engagement in firefighting in an organized Illinois fire department as a fire protection person according to the Act, as attested to by the employing Fire Chief of the individual seeking certification.
b) Reimbursement may be received for training costs for a Rescue Specialist – Confined Space (see Subpart E).
c) Special Instructor Requirements
1) Instructor of Record shall be certified as a Fire Service Instructor II (see Section 141.320) and Rescue Specialist – Confined Space.
2) There shall be a minimum of two instructors per course, one of whom is an Instructor of Record. There shall be at least one instructor for each six students.
3) All other instructors on site shall be a minimum of Fire Service Instructor I (see Section 141.318) and certified as a Rescue Specialist – Confined Space.
d) The course and facility must be approved by the Office as provided in Sections 141.110 and 141.115.
e) Credit for equivalent courses may be available in accordance with Section 141.120.