TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 109 FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR LICENSING RULES
SECTION 109.110 COMPLIANCE STANDARDS
Section 109.110 Compliance Standards
a) The fire sprinkler system shall be installed, repaired and maintained in accordance with the edition of the following copyrighted standards and recommended practices in effect at the time of installation or alteration. These standards are available from the National Fire Protection Association, 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy MA 02269-7471.
1) NFPA 13 − Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems;
2) NFPA 13D − Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in One-and Two-Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes;
3) NFPA 13R − Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in Residential Occupancies up to and Including Four Stories in Height;
4) NFPA 14 − Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems;
5) NFPA 15 − Standard for Water Spray Fixed Systems for Fire Protection;
6) NFPA 16 − Standard for the Installation of Foam-Water Sprinkler and Foam-Water Spray Systems;
7) NFPA 20 − Standard for the Installation of Stationary Fire Pumps of Fire Protection;
8) NFPA 22 − Standard for Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection;
9) NFPA 24 − Standard for the Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances;
10) NFPA 25 − Standard for the Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems.
b) All equipment used in the installation or repair of a fire sprinkler system shall be tested and approved by either the Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. or Factory Mutual Laboratories, Inc.
c) Fire sprinkler system layout documents, as defined in Section 10 of the Act, shall be prepared by a professional engineer licensed under the Professional Engineering Practice Act of 1989 [225 ILCS 312] or an architect licensed under the Illinois Architecture Practice Act of 1989 [225 ILCS 305] or a holder of a valid NICET level 3 or 4 certification in fire protection technology automatic sprinkler system layout who is either licensed under the Act or employed by an organization licensed under the Act. [225 ILCS 317/15(j)] All design drawings of engineered sprinkler systems shall be stamped by an Illinois licensed professional engineer or architect prior to submittal to the authority having jurisdiction.
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 16994, effective October 11, 2006)