TITLE 35: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
SUBTITLE G: WASTE DISPOSAL
CHAPTER I: POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD
SUBCHAPTER i: SOLID WASTE AND SPECIAL WASTE HAULING
PART 807 SOLID WASTE
SECTION 807.624 INTERIM FORMULA FOR COST ESTIMATE
Section 807.624 Interim Formula for Cost Estimate
a) An operator may temporarily utilize the formula of this Section for preparing a cost estimate instead of preparing a cost estimate based on closure and post-closure care plans. No permit application filed after March 1, 1985 may utilize this formula. Each operator must file an application to modify the site permit to include closure and post-closure care plans and cost estimates by March 1, 1988.
b) References to closure and post-closure care plans in financial assurance instruments shall be construed to refer to the closure and post-closure care requirements of this Part and the permit for the site.
c) This formula may not be utilized in lieu of the plans and cost estimates required under 35 Ill. Reg. Adm. Code 724 and 725.
d) The following abbreviations and symbols are used in the formula:
1) AWR: Annual waste received at the site in cubic yards.
2) AD: Average depth of the landfill in feet.
3) Y: Years expected to lapse between cessation of application of cover by the operator and implementation of site clean-up by the Agency. Y is assumed to be three years.
4) CPA: Cost per acre of placing final cover, grading, seeding and venting. CPA is assumed to be $5000/acre.
5) A: Area requiring final cover in acres.
6) P: Fraction of final cover expected to require subsidence or erosion control each year. P is assumed to be 0.05.
7) M: Number of monitoring wells existing or required in the permit. M cannot be less than three.
8) CE: Cost estimate in dollars.
e) Area requiring final cover
1) A(1) is the total area which has received waste but which has not received final cover in accordance with Section 807.305(c) as of January 1, 1985.
2) A(2) is the total area which would require final cover after Y years of uncontrolled operation according to the following formula:
3) A(3) = A(1) + A(2)
4) A(4) is the total permitted area which has not received final cover in accordance with Section 807.305(c) as of January 1, 1985
5) Area requiring final cover (A) is the smaller of A(3) or A(4)
f) Cost estimate (dollars)
CE = (CPA)(A) + 3((CPA)(P)(A) + 600(M))
= 5750A + 1800M
(Source: Amended at 9 Ill. Reg. 18942, effective November 25 1985)