TITLE 35: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
SUBTITLE F: PUBLIC WATER SUPPLIES
CHAPTER I: POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD
PART 611 PRIMARY DRINKING WATER STANDARDS
SECTION 611.213 NO METHOD OF HPC ANALYSIS
Section 611.213 No Method of HPC Analysis
This Section is used in Sections 611.241(d)(2), 611.242(c)(2), 611.261(b)(8)(G), 611.262(b)(3)(G), 611.532(f)(2), and 611.533(c)(2). The Agency must determine that a system has no means for having a sample analyzed for HPC if the Agency determines that such action is warranted, based on the following site-specific conditions:
a) There is no certified laboratory that can analyze the sample within the time and temperatures specified in Standard Methods, 16th Edition, Method 907A, incorporated by reference in Section 611.102, considering the following:
1) Transportation time to the nearest laboratory pursuant to Section 611.490; and
2) Based on the size of the PWS, whether it should acquire in-house laboratory capacity to measure HPC; and
b) The supplier is providing adequate disinfection in the distribution system, considering the following:
1) Other measurements that show the presence of RDC in the distribution system;
2) The size of the distribution system;
3) The adequacy of the supplier's cross connection control program.
c) The PWS cannot maintain an RDC in the distribution system.
BOARD NOTE: Derived from 40 CFR 141.72(a)(4)(ii) (2002),.
(Source: Amended at 27 Ill. Reg. 16447, effective October 10, 2003)