TITLE 35: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
SUBTITLE C: WATER POLLUTION
CHAPTER II: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
PART 380 PROCEDURE FOR THE CERTIFICATION OF OPERATORS OF WASTEWATER TREATMENT WORKS
SECTION 380.710 CLASS 3
Section 380.710 Class 3
a) The Class 3 certificate requires:
1) Three years wastewater operator experience,
2) High school education or equivalent, and
3) A score of 70 or higher on a Class 3 examination.
b) The following may be substituted for the Class 3 experience requirements:
1) Credit for wastewater courses may be substituted for a maximum of six months wastewater operator experience.
2) Other credits or experience:
A) College credits, including any college wastewater courses not credited in Subsection 380.710(b)(1), may be substituted for a maximum of one year wastewater operator experience.
B) Operating experience of collection systems or water supplies or laboratory or maintenance experience while employed at a wastewater treatment works may be substituted for a maximum of six months wastewater operator experience.
C) Any combination of substitute credits described in Subsection (A) or Subsection (B) above will be accepted, provided that the total of these credits shall not exceed one year.
3) The successful completion of a one year or more college program specifically designed for wastewater treatment works operation, which includes actual operation of a wastewater treatment works, may be substituted for a maximum of one year wastewater operator experience.
(Source: Amended at 9 Ill. Reg. 2663, effective February 15, 1985; recodified from Section 380.704 to Section 380.710 at 31 Ill. Reg. 10532)