TITLE 32: ENERGY
CHAPTER II: ILLINOIS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
SUBCHAPTER b: RADIATION PROTECTION
PART 390 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS
SECTION 390.50 RADIATION MONITORING
Section 390.50 Radiation Monitoring
a) Portable radiation monitoring equipment shall be properly maintained and available at the accelerator facility. An appropriate radiation monitor shall be used for all accelerator target rooms and other high radiation areas. This monitor shall be one or more of the following:
1) An area monitor with an easily observable indicator located near the entrance that warns of radiation levels above a predetermined limit;
2) A personal radiation monitor of the "chirpie" type worn while in the room;
3) A portable survey instrument carried into the room; or
4) A monitor approved by the Agency.
b) No registrant shall permit any individual to enter a restricted area unless the individual wears both:
1) An individual monitoring device, assigned to and worn by only one individual, that is provided and evaluated by a qualified dosimetry processor as described in 32 Ill. Adm. Code 340.510(d); and
2) A direct reading pocket ionization chamber or an electronic dosimeter capable of measuring doses from zero to at least 51.6 microC/kg (200 mR).
(Source: Amended at 33 Ill. Reg. 4326, effective March 9, 2009)