TITLE 32: ENERGY
CHAPTER II: ILLINOIS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
SUBCHAPTER b: RADIATION PROTECTION
PART 335 MEDICAL USE OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL
SECTION 335.1060 AUTHORIZED USER AND VISITING AUTHORIZED USER
Section 335.1060 Authorized User and Visiting Authorized User
a) A licensee shall assure that only authorized users of radioactive material:
1) Select or establish written criteria for the selection of the patients to receive radioactive material or radiation therefrom;
2) Prescribe the radiopharmaceutical dosage or radiation dose to be administered; and
3) Interpret the results of tests, studies or treatments.
b) A licensee may permit any visiting authorized user to use licensed material for medical use under the terms of the licensee's license for up to 60 days each year without applying for a license amendment if:
1) The physician is licensed in accordance with the Medical Practice Act of 1987;
2) The visiting authorized user has the prior written permission of the licensee's management and, if the use occurs on behalf of an institution, the institution's Radiation Safety Committee;
3) The licensee has a copy of a license issued by the Agency, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, an Agreement State or a Licensing State that identifies the visiting authorized user by name as an authorized user; and
4) The visiting authorized user performs only those procedures for which the visiting authorized user is specifically authorized by a license described in subsection (b)(3) of this Section.
c) A licensee shall retain copies of the records specified in subsection (b) of this Section for 5 years.
(Source: Amended at 30 Ill. Reg. 9029, effective April 28, 2006)