TITLE 32: ENERGY
CHAPTER II: ILLINOIS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
SUBCHAPTER b: RADIATION PROTECTION
PART 315 STANDARDS FOR PROTECTION AGAINST LASER RADIATION
SECTION 315.160 NOTIFICATIONS AND REPORTS
Section 315.160 Notifications and Reports
a) Each registrant shall notify the Agency immediately of any incident involving exposure to laser radiation that has or may have caused accidental injury to an individual in the course of use, handling, operation, manufacture or discharge of a laser system [420 ILCS 56/40], including:
1) An exposure to an individual of greater than 100 times the MPE;
2) An exposure to an individual that involves the partial or total loss of sight in either eye; or
3) An exposure to an individual that involves perforation of the skin or other serious injury exclusive of eye injury.
b) Each registrant shall notify the Agency within 24 hours of any incident involving exposure to laser radiation that has or may have caused:
1) An exposure to an individual of greater than 5 times the MPE; or
2) An exposure to an individual that involves second or third degree burns to the skin.
c) Each registrant shall make a report in writing within 30 days to the Agency of any incident for which notification is required by subsection (a) or (b).
d) Each report filed with the Agency pursuant to this Section shall include the full name of each individual exposed to laser radiation, including estimates of each individual's exposure, levels of laser radiation involved, the cause of the exposure, a description of any injuries, and corrective steps taken or planned to be taken to assure against a recurrence.
e) When a registrant is required pursuant to this Section to report to the Agency any exposure of an individual to laser radiation, the registrant shall also provide to the individual a report on that exposure data. The report to the individual shall be transmitted at a time not later than the date of transmittal to the Agency.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 20200, effective December 9, 2013)