TITLE 32: ENERGY
CHAPTER II: ILLINOIS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
SUBCHAPTER b: RADIATION PROTECTION
PART 315 STANDARDS FOR PROTECTION AGAINST LASER RADIATION
SECTION 315.60 REGISTRATION
Section 315.60 Registration
a) Installation Registration
1) Any operator of a laser installation shall register the laser installation with the Agency. The operator shall register the installation before the installation is placed in operation on a form prescribed by the Agency, which shall include, but not be limited to:
A) The operator's name;
B) The location of the laser installation;
C) The classification number and room location of laser systems possessed; and
D) The name of the individual designated as the laser safety officer.
AGENCY NOTE: Prior to designation of the laser safety officer, the registrant should carefully review the requirements of Section 315.90.
2) Installation registration, as specified in subsection (a), shall be required only at the time the laser installation is placed in operation.
3) Laser systems that are located in a single building or in a group of buildings that are contiguous to one another, and used by the same operator, shall be treated as a single laser installation unless requested otherwise in writing by the operator and approved by the Agency.
b) Laser System Registration
1) Any operator of a laser installation where laser systems are located shall register the systems annually on a form prescribed by the Agency.
2) The form shall include, but not be limited to, the manufacturer, model serial number, output power, wavelength and class of each laser system.
3) Any operator of a laser installation that possesses multiple laser systems of the same manufacturer and model may register those laser systems on a single form, provided that the operator includes a listing of serial numbers for each laser system.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 20200, effective December 9, 2013)