TITLE 26: ELECTIONS
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF ELECTIONS
PART 204 APPROVAL OF VOTING SYSTEMS
SECTION 204.160 EMERGENCY APPROVAL OF A VOTING SYSTEM
Section 204.160 Emergency Approval of a Voting System
a) The Board shall have the authority, upon written request, to grant emergency approval of a voting system limited to one election. The emergency approval shall specify, at a minimum, the following:
1) The reason for the emergency approval;
2) The description of the voting system prepared for use in the emergency; and
3) The specific election jurisdiction and specific election in that the voting system will be employed.
b) The Board shall approve the application for emergency approval if the following conditions are met:
1) Error-free completion of a staff-prepared ballot tabulation test that demonstrates the system fulfills the provisions of Section 204.40(a);
2) Demonstration that an approved system is not available for use in the election in question; and
3) Demonstration that the requirements specified in Section 204.100(c)(1), (2), and (3) have, to the maximum extent possible, been complied with in connection with this emergency approval.
(Source: Amended at 29 Ill. Reg. 13734, effective August 25, 2005)