TITLE 26: ELECTIONS
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF ELECTIONS
PART 125 PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE
SECTION 125.135 PRE-HEARING CONFERENCES
Section 125.135 Pre-hearing Conferences
a) Upon notice by the Hearing Officer in any proceeding or upon request by any party, the Hearing Officer may direct parties or their attorneys to appear at a specified time and place for a conference, either during or prior to any hearing, for the following purposes:
1) formulation and simplification of issues;
2) necessity or desirability of amending the pleadings for the purpose of clarification, amplification or limitation;
3) possibility of stipulations concerning the admissibility of evidence;
4) limitation of the number of witnesses;
5) propriety of prior mutual exchange between or among the parties of prepared testimony and exhibits; and
6) other matters as may aid in the simplification of the evidence and disposition of the proceeding.
b) In exercising his or her discretion to direct parties to appear for a conference, the Hearing Officer shall give due consideration to the time requirements of Section 9-21 of the Election Code.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 2351, effective February 4, 2011)