TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE B: CULTURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER I: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 3035 ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY GRANT PROGRAMS
SECTION 3035.230 REVIEW OF GRANT APPLICATIONS
Section 3035.230 Review of Grant Applications
a) The LAB and other qualified reviewers shall review all grant applications for projects that are designed to deliver direct instructional service in literacy to adult students.
b) The review process will use the following selection criteria:
1) Whether the need for literacy services for the target population is demonstrated and how proposed literacy services address the need.
2) Whether statements from partnering agencies demonstrate cooperation and coordination with the proposed literacy project.
3) Whether the application contains a specific statement of project goals and outcomes, the methods used to achieve these goals and outcomes, and the manner in which these goals and outcomes will be evaluated.
4) Whether the proposed budget is reasonable in view of the proposed goals of the project, and the budget is adequate to support the project.
5) Whether the application contains the number of students to be served and evaluation methods and procedures that will produce quantifiable data regarding the results of the educational assessment, including pre- and post-testing of students to evaluate student progress.
6) Whether the persons managing the project have experience, training or education to provide adult literacy programming, including at least a bachelor's degree, and the administrative capacity to support the project.
7) A report on the use of the previous year's grant, if a grant was received, detailing information on students served, progress of program towards its stated goals and an evaluation detailing the student outcomes achieved, the programmatic outcomes and the impact of the program.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 12385, effective July 18, 2012)