TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE B: CULTURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER I: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 3035 ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY GRANT PROGRAMS
SECTION 3035.130 EDUCATE & AUTOMATE AUTOMATION/TECHNOLOGY GRANTS
Section 3035.130 Educate & Automate Automation/Technology Grants
a) Competitive Grants
1) Application for purchases of equipment and services that support library development and technological advancement (see Section 8.5 of the Act) in libraries shall be made prior to July 1. Applicants shall use the forms prepared and made available by the State Librarian for this purpose.
2) Criteria will include whether the project plan contains information about the project goals and objectives, the methods used to achieve these goals and objectives, the number of people to be served, and whether the proposed budget is reasonable in view of the proposed goals.
3) The number of grants to be awarded is at the discretion of the State Librarian.
4) Applicants must meet requirements designated by the State Library for public access to electronic information and technology.
b) Direct expenditures by the State Librarian may be made to support library development and technological advancement in libraries (e.g., upgrading library catalogs and databases, webinar platforms, digitization of newspapers, online catalog for talking books for the blind) (see Section 8.5 of the Act).
c) Funding awarded under subsections (a) and (b) may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
1) Telecommunications costs for electronic networks for ILLINET libraries and library systems;
2) Computer hardware and software for ILLINET libraries and library systems;
3) Access to electronic information by the general public through ILLINET libraries;
4) Converting special collections and rare materials in ILLINET libraries into digital format, making them accessible by computer to students, researchers and the general public;
5) Library organizations are eligible for Educate & Automate Automation/Technology Grants for purposes stipulated in this subsection (c). Library organizations must draw their membership from librarians or various types of libraries as defined in Section 3035.10. Their headquarters must be within the State of Illinois. Their mission must have the charge for promotion, provision, development and improvement of libraries and library services, and be based in Illinois.
d) The applicant shall submit reports, in accordance with Section 3035.140(b), on the use of grant funds as required by the Illinois State Library.
e) Grants made under this Section are subject to the provisions of the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act [30 ILCS 705]. If a provision of this Subpart conflicts with a provision of the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act, then the provision of the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act controls.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 2808, effective January 22, 2016)