TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE B: CULTURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER I: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 3030 THE ILLINOIS LIBRARY SYSTEM ACT
SECTION 3030.450 ORDER OF THE HEARING
Section 3030.450 Order of the Hearing
a) The following shall be the order of the hearing subject to modification by the ALJ if the ALJ determines that the modification would avoid undue delay and would not prejudice the rights of any party:
1) Introduction and opening statement by ALJ;
2) Complainant's opening argument;
3) Respondent's opening argument;
4) Complainant's case in chief;
5) Respondent's case in chief;
6) Complainant's case in rebuttal;
7) Respondent's closing argument;
8) Complainant's closing argument.
b) At the ALJ's discretion, parties may be asked to file a written brief instead of, or in addition to, a closing argument.
c) All testimony taken shall be under oath or affirmation. All motions and objections shall be stated in writing or orally on the record, including the grounds for the objections.
d) After the hearing, the ALJ shall review the record and provide a recommendation within 15 business days to the State Librarian.