TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE B: CULTURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER I: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 3030 THE ILLINOIS LIBRARY SYSTEM ACT
SECTION 3030.125 ORDER OF THE HEARING
Section 3030.125 Order of the Hearing
a) The following shall be the order of the hearing subject to modification by the administrative law judge if the administrative law judge determines that such modification would avoid undue delay and would not prejudice the rights of any party:
1) Introduction and opening statement by administrative law judge;
2) Complainant's opening argument;
3) Respondent's opening argument;
4) Complainant's case in chief;
5) Respondent's case in chief;
6) Complainant's case in rebuttal;
7) Respondent's closing argument;
8) Complainant's closing argument;
b) At the administrative law judge's discretion, parties may be asked to file a written brief instead of, or in addition to, a closing argument.
c) All testimony taken shall be under oath or affirmation. All motions and objections shall be stated in writing or orally on the record, including the grounds for such objections.
d) After the hearing, the administrative law judge shall review the record and provide a recommendation within fifteen business days to the State Librarian.
(Source: Former Section renumbered to Section 3030.135, new Section added at 18 Ill. Reg. 7452, effective May 3, 1994)