TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE B: CULTURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER I: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 3020 ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY, GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS SECTION
SECTION 3020.110 STATE AGENCY PUBLICATIONS
Section 3020.110 State Agency Publications
a) Within one week after an agency receives copies of publications it intends to issue, the agency shall send 2 copies of all publications, priced and non-priced, to the Government Documents Section, Illinois State Library. The agency shall send 26 copies of publications on the core list. The issuing agency shall include information containing the address of the agency and, if applicable, the price of each item so that it may appear on the list of State of Illinois publications issued by the State Library.
1) In addition to the copies submitted to the Illinois State Library, the agency shall submit to the Illinois State Library an electronic copy of the publication via the Illinois State Library's metadata generator using a secure transfer protocol.
2) Submissions in the metadata generator will be deposited in the electronic depository.
3) Electronic deposit is required for copyrighted and priced publications. Internet availability of copyrighted and priced publications will be determined by the depositing State agency.
b) The issuing agency shall notify the Illinois State Library of all electronic-only publications by submitting the publication and metadata describing the publication to the electronic depository via the Illinois State Library's metadata generator.
c) One electronic copy shall be provided to the Illinois State Library of all published materials as defined in this Part in a format acceptable to the Illinois State Library, including, but not limited to, the following:
1) Microsoft Office
2) Plain text
3) Adobe Acrobat
4) Video (mpeg) or sound (wav)
5) Image files (JPEG, TIFF)
6) Formats in compliance with the Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act Standards (see http://www.dhs.state.il.us/IITAA/ IITAAStandards.html)
d) In formats where applicable (such as HTML), electronic-only publications shall include metadata embedded in the file posted on a publicly accessible network as submitted to the electronic depository via the Illinois State Library's metadata generator.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 3248, effective February 16, 2012)