TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE B: CULTURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER I: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 3010 ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY, LIBRARY OPERATIONS DIVISION
SECTION 3010.EXHIBIT A STACKS PASS APPLICATION
Section 3010.EXHIBIT A Stacks Pass Application
STACKS PASS APPLICATION
DRIVER'S LICENSE # OR STATE ID #____________________________________________
EMPLOYER (IF APPLICABLE)__________________________________________________
COLLECTION NEEDS/REASON FOR STACKS PASS (describe):
ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY
INTRODUCTION TO THE STACKS FOR PATRONS WITH STACK PRIVILEGES
1. Food or drink are not allowed in the stacks area at any time.
2. Sign in and out at the Circulation Desk and wear the stacks pass at all times. Return the pass to the desk when you sign out. Any patron not wearing the stacks pass will be asked to vacate the stacks immediately. Secretary of State Security will be notified if the patron fails to comply with this request.
3. Report problems with the compact shelving to stacks staff, if available. If not, report to the Circulation Desk. Patrons are not to ratchet the shelving units.
4. If the alarm sounds, you must leave the building through the emergency exits you were shown during your orientation.
5. Stacks staff who are retrieving materials have priority use of the modules. You are encouraged to take materials to the back counter where you may sit and use them. Please do not stand in the aisles while using materials.
6. When you are finished with the materials, please place them on the counter next to the elevator. The stacks staff will re-shelve them for you.
7. Patrons are not allowed to use the Translogic booklift. It is for staff use only. If you wish to transport a large number of items to the Reference Room, etc., please contact the stacks staff or someone at the Circulation Desk to assist you.
8. The map storage rooms and Folio Room are not available to stacks pass users.
9. No one is allowed in the stacks without stacks access approval − unless accompanied by a reference librarian.
10. Persons wishing to accompany someone with stacks access must also have stacks access approval.
11. Each person with stacks access will be given a short orientation. Orientation includes review of written information in the sign-in book; information on running the compact shelving; location of emergency exits; etc.
12. Library Operations Division managers, reference librarians and stacks staff are authorized to give orientation.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 3217, effective February 16, 2012)