TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER XIX: ILLINOIS STUDENT ASSISTANCE COMMISSION
PART 2768 TEACH ILLINOIS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
SECTION 2768.20 APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
a) A qualified applicant shall be:
1) a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
2) a resident of Illinois;
3) a high school graduate or a person who has received a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or a student scheduled to graduate from high school by the end of the secondary school year in which the award is made;
4) attending, or planning to attend, Chicago State University, Eastern Illinois University, Governors State University, Illinois State University, Northeastern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University, Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville), Southern Illinois University (Carbondale), University of Illinois (Chicago), University of Illinois (Springfield), University of Illinois (Urbana) or Western Illinois University;
5) enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, on at least a half-time basis, as an undergraduate or graduate student seeking certification in a teacher education program that prepares the applicant to teach in an area of identified staff shortage, as defined in Section 2768.15;
6) maintaining satisfactory academic progress as determined by the postsecondary institution.
b) In any academic year in which the qualified applicant accepts or receives financial assistance through the Paul Douglas Teacher Scholarship Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2762), the Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2763), the Illinois Future Teachers Corps Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2764), or the Special Education Teacher Tuition Waiver (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2765), the qualified applicant shall not be eligible for scholarship assistance under this Part.