TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER XIX: ILLINOIS STUDENT ASSISTANCE COMMISSION
PART 2765 ILLINOIS SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER TUITION WAIVER (SETTW) PROGRAM
SECTION 2765.20 APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
Section 2765.20 Applicant Eligibility
a) A qualified applicant shall be:
1) a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
2) a resident of Illinois;
3) a graduate of an approved high school; a student scheduled to graduate from an approved high school by the end of the academic year in which the award is made who ranks in the upper half of his or her high school graduating class at the end of the sixth semester; or a person holding a valid teaching license that is not in the discipline of Special Education;
4) enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, as an undergraduate or graduate student seeking initial licensure in any area of Special Education as determined by the university;
5) attending, or planning to attend, Chicago State University, Eastern Illinois University, Governors State University, Illinois State University, Northeastern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University, Southern Illinois University (Carbondale), Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville), University of Illinois (Chicago), University of Illinois (Springfield), University of Illinois (Urbana) or Western Illinois University; and
6) a potential new recipient in that he or she shall have not received the Illinois Special Education Teacher Tuition Waiver in the past.
b) In any academic year in which the qualified applicant accepts or receives financial assistance through the Paul Douglas Teacher Scholarship (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2762), the Minority Teachers of Illinois Scholarship (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2763), the Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2764), or Teach Illinois Scholarship Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2768), he or she shall not be eligible for an Illinois Special Education Teacher Tuition Waiver.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 13657, effective July 1, 2018)