TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER II: BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION
PART 1005 EDUCATIONAL PARTNERSHIP ACT SECONDARY SCHOOL DROPOUT PREVENTION STUDY
SECTION 1005.30 GRANT CRITERIA
Section 1005.30 Grant Criteria
a) The application materials requested by the Board of Higher Education and provided by the applicant institution will be reviewed in terms of whether the stated need for the study is consistent with the Act and with this Part.
b) In review and approval of a grant application, the Board shall consider equally all of the following factors that are relevant to the proposal:
1) Provision for the use of a uniform definition of a secondary school "dropout" student as follows:
"any child or student eligible to attend school in grades K-12 and who is no longer enrolled in a school district for any reason other than the person's death, extended illness, graduation or completion of a program of studies, or transfer to another school system."
2) Provision for cooperation with local school districts, Educational Service Centers, and the State Board of Education in the collection, reporting, and documentation of dropout data;
3) If the proposal is targeted at a specific racial/ethnic group, the racial/ethnic population distribution of the school district or the area of study as compared to the statewide racial/ethnic population distribution shall be considered;
4) The location of the proposed study;
5) Provision for dissemination and sharing with local, regional and statewide organizations and task forces the results and any reports issued as a result of the adopted study;
6) Reasonable expectation that the methodology will accomplish goals and objectives within the anticipated time frame and with anticipated grant funds.