TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER m: POSTSECONDARY SCHOOLS
PART 451 PRIVATE BUSINESS AND VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS
SECTION 451.400 ADMINISTRATOR QUALIFICATIONS
Section 451.400 Administrator Qualifications
a) The school shall establish and maintain specific written policies setting standards for qualification, supervision and evaluation of its administrators. The policies shall set minimum requirements for the employment of administrators, including previous training, teaching, administrative, and on-the-job experience in the occupational fields for which students are being trained.
b) Chief managing employees and their designated assistant chief managing employee(s) shall have the Superintendent's written approval prior to the date of official appointment. The Superintendent's approval is not required for any other administrator on the school's staff.
c) All applications for approval of a chief managing employee or assistant chief managing employee(s) shall:
1) be submitted on forms provided by the Superintendent;
2) be signed by the applicant and the chief managing employee who shall attest to the truthfulness and accuracy of the information contained therein;
3) be accompanied by transcripts, letters, and documents showing that the applicant meets the standards set forth in this Part.
d) At minimum, each chief managing employee shall possess one of the following qualifications:
1) graduation from a state approved, four-year, degree granting school with satisfactory completion of twenty-four (24) semester hours in administration/management, in professional education, or in one or more of the subject areas in which the school provides instruction;
2) a combination of not less than 6,000 clock hours (the equivalent of 3 years) of training and on-the-job experience in one or more of the subject areas in which the school provides instruction and at least 2,000 clock hours (the equivalent of one year) of administrative/managerial experience.
e) Each assistant chief managing employee shall at a minimum meet the qualifications of a chief managing employee or a faculty member as defined in this Part.
f) A chief managing employee or assistant chief managing employee who complies with the requirements established in this Part shall not be relieved of the responsibility of complying with more stringent requirements established by any other state agency.
g) Approval of a chief managing employee or assistant chief managing employee terminates at cessation of employment at the school and is nontransferable to employment at another school.
h) Persons approved as administrators prior to the date of adoption of this Part shall continue to be approved for the positions they held at the school before the adoption of this Part.